Thursday, January 22, 2015

Caramelized peaches with fresh rosemary...

Is what we haven't been eating lately. Unless the peaches are canned and the rosemary's been freeze dried. 

What I'm trying to say is, the budget is going very well .. heh. Perhaps a little too well. The pantry's been hit hard, and what used to be full shelves are now starting to look a lot like the Canadian Target's shelves. (ouch...too soon?) The fridge lights now penetrate to the lowest shelf, no longer darkened by a full top shelf of half full condiment jars. Said jars are being emptied and used in my frugal yet tasty recipes! I was also able to use my rarely touched cornmeal for some delicious blueberry cornmeal muffins...yum-o.

I have been relying heavily upon dear ol' Pinterest to give some creative recipes to percolate through my meal planning mind. I'm proud to say we ate out only twice this month, and both were within our dining budget. Boo-ya baby, I do believe that may be a record at the fifty!

The best part is that most of the meals have been slow cooker meals, which are my set-it and forget-it days...pure joy my friends. 

We've had a pretty wide variety of meals including: Shanghai Noodles, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Alfredo, Chicken Rice soup, Fajitas, and one of my personal favs - breakfast for dinner :) There's been enough leftovers for The Hubs lunch nearly every day...except for the breakfast for dinner night...cold scrambled eggs...*shiver*



Even the old wrinkly apples were used up this month...Oatmeal apple cinnamon muffins were a highly prized snack :) 


Peels n' all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment